Pliant offers companies the digital credit card solution for maximum flexibility and savings: fully digital card and receipt management, Pliant app as well as physical and virtual cards including attractive cashback – seamless integration into existing finance and accounting software guaranteed. With our Pliant earth feature, we also give all our customers the opportunity to offset travel-related CO2 emissions automatically and through certified providers.
Founded in Berlin in 2020 by FinTech veterans Malte Rau and Fabian Terner, companies in Austria are also able to benefit from the Pliant corporate credit cards since the beginning of 2022. It shouldn't stay that way: Our internationalization is making great strides! Our team at the Berlin headquarters is growing accordingly. New work is also very important to us. More than 100 Plianteers work both in the shared office in Berlin Mitte and in the home office or remotely. Become part of our exciting journey!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a PR and Communication Manager (m/f/d), who will play a vital part in bringing the Pliant brand story to customers, investors, and partners. You will be a key advisor to the CMO and the executive teams in helping them deliver their message and be the primary point of contact for key press and media. Although, you will have the support of one or more PR agencies, the ideal candidate will be hands-on as well as managerial.
- Define the PR strategy and implement communications plans to increase brand awareness and recognition for the organization
- Manage, facilitate, and coordinate engagement with PR agencies; drive ongoing communications and maintain reports of key activities
- Develop communication materials, including press releases, award submissions, article content, etc.
- Proactively outreach to mainstream, industry, and tech media; develop relationships with key media to secure and grow media coverage
- Ensure consistent messaging aligning with the global PR strategy
- Identify and build relationships with influencers and content creators in the financial and Fintech sectors
- Support and implement thought leadership programs, including development of messaging, media narratives, and briefing notes
- Monitor press cycles related to the company and the brand, strategically optimizing opportunities for increased brand awareness via rapid response
- Localize and translate media and PR content
- Provide support and content development for social media and owned media
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience, ideally from a high growth or fintech company or top-tier PR agency
- Fluent in both English and German and familiar with the DACH media ecosystem
- Hands-on experience managing media relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Can clarify messaging and content in a way that resonates with others
- Experience working with content marketers, social media professionals, and stakeholders across an organization
- Knowledge of Fintech and the financial industry is a strong plus
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- A fair remuneration
- A dynamic-innovative and at the same time quality-oriented working environment in the financial sector
- You will be part of an experienced and highly motivated team and can actively shape the development of Pliant
- You will get to know all facets of an innovative financial product and will be involved in shaping essential parts of it
- We challenge you and promote your development by means of training and expert discussions in your work environment
- Flat hierarchy with direct, fact-based communication across all levels
- Flexible working hours, remote working possible, teambuilding, regular events and your own Pliant credit card with budget for e.g. your lunch