Pliant offers companies the digital credit card solution for maximum flexibility and savings: fully digital card and receipt management, Pliant app as well as physical and virtual cards including attractive cashback – seamless integration into existing finance and accounting software. With our Pliant Earth feature, we also give all our customers the opportunity to offset travel-related CO2 emissions automatically and through certified providers.
Founded in Berlin in 2020 by FinTech veterans Malte Rau and Fabian Terner, companies in Austria are also able to benefit from the Pliant corporate credit cards from the beginning of 2022. It shouldn't stay that way: Our internationalization is making great strides! Our team at the Berlin headquarters is growing accordingly. New work is also very important to us. More than 100 Plianteers work both in the shared office in Berlin Mitte and in the home office or remotely. Become part of our exciting journey!
ABOUT THE ROLE
🚀 Let's build the world's best corporate credit card experience together!
We believe design plays a crucial role in our success and aspire to build a world-class design team. As you will be one of the Pliant's first design researchers, you will be responsible for driving research efforts by engaging with people and data, applying various methods and strategies to create value, both for users and the business. You will play a key role in Pliant to become a design-driven company, collaborating with product managers, designers, engineers, and senior management.
❗️Please make sure to attach your CV and portfolio PDF (or link to your online portfolio) ❗️
- Drive research efforts with both qualitative and quantitative approaches for a range of phases — from opportunity discovery to design evaluation that deepens our understanding of the user experience.
- Prioritize research needs and approaches across multiple work streams to work on the right project, scale, and scope at the right time and ensure impact by delivering actionable insights.
- Work in a highly collaborative manner as a strategic partner to product managers, designers, and Pliant leadership to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products by grounding these decisions in user needs and insights.
- Drive human-centered design methodologies and practices to elevate customer-centricity in the company.
- Effectively share research insights to evolve and enhance Pliant's understanding of user needs and identify innovative opportunities to meet those needs.
- 5+ years of conducting research in digital product environments in cross-functional teams. Experience with B2B is a big plus.
- Fluent in conducting complex research at scale and demonstrating the use of a variety of research methods and industry-standard tools.
- Comfortable conducting research in an early-stage start-up environment, from planning and recruiting to synthesis and insights delivery.
- Confident working with a variety of stakeholders and navigating complexity, while connecting the dots across different teams and informing strategic decisions through user insights.
- Conscious of the balance between scrappy and rigor, and ultimately how research translates into design and business decisions.
- Able to balance working with urgency and focus and adapt methodological rigor as needed for the situation.
- Excellent at both written and verbal communication.
- Highly organized and able to manage complex and varied projects, with an ability to switch contexts quickly.
- Humble and crave feedback to help you be at your best.
- Experienced in fintech is a plus but not required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work in a growing team with a big responsibility that thrives on a strong exchange of knowledge and excellence
- Attractive remuneration
- Flat hierarchy and transparent communication in a relaxed, professional atmosphere
- Opportunity to develop your talent in a dynamic team with ambitious goals
- Device and technical setup of your choice
- Flexibility and possibility to work remotely
- Company card with a monthly allowance for lunches, coffee, etc. with co-workers