Companies shouldn’t have to struggle to buy things. They should be able to empower their employees, have control over what they spend on, and save as much time and money as possible. Since 2020, Pliant has been on a mission to enable organizations to do just that. With its app-based solution, Pliant gives companies the ability to issue physical and digital credit cards, track spends, and seamlessly integrate all of this data to an entire ecosystem of other finance and accounting tools. Moreover, with a program called Pliant Earth, companies gain an easy means to combat climate change by allowing them to offset their CO2 emissions automatically through certified providers.
Pliant is on a path of growing quickly.. With our expansion into 9 international markets, we believe that people, passion, and diversity are the key ingredients to our future success. Our growing team of 100+ Plianteers come from 25 nationalities and work remotely or in a hybrid environment from our headquarters in the heart of Berlin. And we’re looking for more talented and committed people to join us on our journey!
ABOUT THE ROLE
🚀 Let's build the world's best corporate credit cards experience together!
We believe design plays a crucial role in our success and aspire to build a world-class design team. As one of the first full-time designers for Pliant, you will be driving product design by applying your craft fluency in a hands-on manner from discovery to delivery. You will play a key role in Pliant to become a design-driven company, collaborating with product managers, engineers, other designers and senior management for everything design-related.
❗️Please make sure to attach your CV and portfolio PDF or link to your online portfolio.
❗ Start date: Q2 2023.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Demonstrate the combination of digital design product practice with a human-centered approach that identifies and solves existing and emerging needs for our customers.
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and other designers to drive strategic and design decisions.
- Translate complex and abstract concepts and challenges into well-articulated, tangible solutions with a strong problem-solving mindset and craft excellence.
- Drive human-centered design methodologies and practices to elevate the customer-centricity in the company.
- Initiate and develop our design system to ensure a consistent user experience across all touch points.
WHAT YOU'RE BRINGING
- 5+ years of designing digital products for both mobile and web in cross-functional teams.
- Fluent from discovery to delivery: user research, concept generation, prototyping, user testing, detail design, design documentation etc.
- Highly detail-oriented, with a strong sense of visual design and a drive for perfection down to the last pixel.
- Strategic and purposeful in making design decisions, and you do that by integrating user, business, and technical considerations into your design process.
- Excellent at both written and verbal communication.
- Highly organized and able to manage complex and varied projects, with an ability to switch contexts quickly.
- Fast in creating sketches, storyboards, and prototypes to effectively communicate your ideas and test different solutions quickly.
- Able to identify when to optimize for speed and when to seek quality and hone into the details.
- Humble and crave feedback to help you design at your best.
- Experienced in fintech or/and B2B is a plus, but not required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work in a growing team with a big responsibility that thrives on a strong exchange of knowledge and excellence.
- Attractive remuneration.
- Flat hierarchy and transparent communication in a relaxed, professional atmosphere.
- Opportunity to develop your talent in a dynamic team with ambitious goals.
- Device and technical setup of your choice.
- Flexibility and possibility to work remotely.
- Company card with a monthly allowance for lunches, coffee, etc. with co-workers.