Pliant offers companies the digital credit card solution for maximum flexibility and savings: fully digital card and receipt management, Pliant app as well as physical and virtual cards including attractive cashback – seamless integration into existing finance and accounting software guaranteed. With our Pliant Earth feature, we also give all our customers the opportunity to offset travel-related CO2 emissions automatically and through certified providers.
Founded in Berlin in 2020 by FinTech veterans Malte Rau and Fabian Terner, companies in Austria are also able to benefit from the Pliant corporate credit cards since the beginning of 2022. It shouldn't stay that way: Our internationalization is making great strides! Our team at the Berlin headquarters is growing accordingly. New work is also very important to us. More than 100 Plianteers work both in the shared office in Berlin Mitte and in the home office or remotely. Become part of our exciting journey!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a (Senior) Underwriter / (Senior) Credit Risk Manager (m/f/d) you will be responsible for the underwriting of our Finnish and/or Dutch corporate clients at pliant. In addition to case processing, you will support us in setting up and implementing high-performance processes and systems. You will work closely with Falko, our VP Credit, and colleagues from the Funnel, Product and Tech teams.
- Underwriting: you will analyze business and financial information of our clients from various sources (e.g. commercial registers, credit agencies, account information, financial statements and interim reports)
- Credit decision: You decide on limit requests from our customers within your mandate
- KYB: You will support us in identifying and legitimatizing the beneficial owners of our corporate customers by means of relevant sources (e.g. commercial and transparency registers). In the future, you will take over your own cases
- Documentation: You create structured, electronic credit files using all information and according to our guidelines.
- Innovation: You will dive into operational workflows and IT systems, understand how to systematize them and continuously improve them together with your colleagues
- Communication: You will clarify case-specific questions quickly and reliably, being the banking operations expert within your department. You will communicate and facilitate in the solving of technical issues to your colleagues in the Product and Tech departments. You can always rely on the support of your colleagues
- 2-4 years of operational experience in risk assessment or loan processing for corporate clients or SMEs ideally from a bank or fintech
- Experience with IT systems used for loan processing, such as Confluence, Trello, Power BI or CRMs
- Strong knowledge of accounting, account data and credit reports
- Analytical thinking, detail orientation and ability to quickly understand new problems and systems and work out solutions
- Determination and desire to work in a team to achieve the best results for our client
- Fluency in local language(s) and very good English (other European languages are a plus)
WHAT WE OFFER
- A fair remuneration
- A dynamic-innovative and at the same time quality-oriented working environment in the financial sector
- You will be part of an experienced and highly motivated team and can actively shape the development of Pliant
- You will get to know all facets of an innovative financial product and will be involved in shaping essential parts of it
- We challenge you and promote your development by means of training and expert discussions in your work environment
- Flat hierarchy with direct, fact-based communication across all levels
- Flexible working hours, remote working possible, team building, regular events and your own Pliant credit card with budget for e.g. your lunch