Companies shouldn’t have to struggle to buy things. They should be able to empower their employees, have control over what they spend on, and save as much time and money as possible. Since 2020, Pliant has been on a mission to enable organizations to do just that. With its app-based solution, Pliant gives companies the ability to issue physical and digital credit cards, track spends, and seamlessly integrate all of this data to an entire ecosystem of other finance and accounting tools. Moreover, with a program called Pliant Earth, companies gain an easy means to combat climate change by allowing them to offset their CO2 emissions automatically through certified providers.
Pliant is on a path of growing quickly. With our expansion into 9 international markets, we believe that people, passion, and diversity are the key ingredients to our future success. Our growing team of 100+ Plianteers come from 25 nationalities and work remotely or in a hybrid environment from our headquarters in the heart of Berlin. And we’re looking for more talented and committed people to join us on our journey!
ABOUT THE ROLE
🚀 Let's build the world's best corporate credit cards experience together!
We believe design plays a crucial role in our success and aspire to build a world-class design team. As one of the first full-time designers for Pliant, you will be driving product design by applying your craft fluency in a hands-on manner from discovery to delivery. You will play a key role in Pliant to become a design-driven company, collaborating with product managers, engineers, other designers and senior management for everything design-related.
❗️Please make sure to attach your CV and portfolio PDF or link to your online portfolio.
❗ Start date: Q2 2023.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build and lead a design research function and promote it within the org in hands-on manner.
- Drive research efforts with both qualitative and quantitative approaches for a range of phases — from opportunity discovery to design evaluation that deepens our understanding of the user experience.
- Prioritise research needs and approaches across multiple work streams to work on the right project, scale, and scope at the right time and ensure impact by delivering actionable insights.
- Work in a highly collaborative manner as a strategic partner to product managers, designers, and Pliant leadership to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products by grounding these decisions in user needs and insights.
- Drive human-centred design methodologies and practices to elevate the customer-centricity in the company.
- Effectively share research insights to evolve and enhance Pliant's understanding of user needs and identify innovative opportunities to meet those needs.
WHAT YOU'RE BRINGING
- 10+ years of conducting research in digital product environments in cross-functional teams. Experience with B2B or/and Fintech is a big plus.
- Experienced building or scaling research function, platforms, systems, or programs.
- Fluent in conducting complex research at scale and demonstrating the use of a variety of research methods and industry-standard tools.
- Comfortable conducting research in an early-stage start-up environment, from planning and recruiting to synthesis and insights delivery.
- Confident working with a variety of stakeholders and navigating complexity, while connecting the dots across different teams and informing strategic decisions through user insights.
- Conscious of the balance between scrappy and rigour, and ultimately how research translates into design and business decisions.
- Highly organised and able to manage complex and varied projects, with an ability to switch contexts quickly.
- Humble and crave feedback to help you be at your best.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work in a growing team with a big responsibility that thrives on a strong exchange of knowledge and excellence.
- Attractive remuneration.
- Flat hierarchy and transparent communication in a relaxed, professional atmosphere.
- Opportunity to develop your talent in a dynamic team with ambitious goals.
- Device and technical setup of your choice.
- Flexibility and possibility to work remotely.
- Company card with a monthly allowance for lunches, coffee, etc. with co-workers.